Invisalign®️ in Boca Raton, FL
And they truly are invisible. They use clear plastic aligners that snap over your teeth, and others won’t be able to tell you’re wearing braces..
Here’s how Invisalign works:
When you put in the first set of aligners, you’ll notice that they don’t quite fit. They are designed so that they put pressure on your teeth, and over a period of two weeks, they move your teeth to a new position. Now the aligners fit perfectly, and it’s time for a new set. The new set doesn’t fit, but they will move your teeth a little more. This cycle is repeated until the last set of aligners pushes your teeth into their final, perfectly straight positions.
Advantages of Invisalign
- They are much more esthetic. People can’t tell that you’re wearing braces.
- They are much more comfortable. Brackets and are very irritating to your lips, cheeks, and tongue, often making them unbearably sore.
- No restrictions on eating are necessary. Simply remove them to eat, and put them back in when you’re done.
- Cleaning your teeth isn’t compromised. You can brush and floss normally.
- Treatment is twice as fast. Almost all cases are done within twelve months. Some are done as quickly as six months.
- The aligners can double as bleaching trays so that you can whiten while you straighten.
- Teeth need to have fully erupted for it to work.
- Results depend on patient compliance. If you don’t wear the aligners, your teeth aren’t straightened. For this reason, Invisalign may not be appropriate for teenagers.
- Not every case of crooked teeth can be treated.